Posted on 15 June 2022 Reading time: 2 min
The Tour du Beaufortain is one of the most popular and recognized itinerant hikes in the French Alps. It is a country long-distance hiking path, on the border of the Tour du Mont-Blanc and the Vanoise massif. Today we give you 5 good reasons to do this tour this summer.
1. Take up a sporting challenge
Le Beaufortain Tower offers you 105 km of discovery for 4500m of elevation gain. This route is most often done over 6 to 8 days, between June and September, and represents a real sporting challenge! In its classic version, it starts in Queige, then reaches Les Saisies, Col du Joly, Col du Bonhomme, Lac de Presset, Saint-Guérin...
Find the route right here: https://www.areches-beaufort.com/equipement/tour-du-beaufortain
2. Take full view
A real postcard! The landscapes follow one another without ever resembling each other: large wild expanses, flowering mountain pastures, dense forests, numerous lakes, dams, steep walls, majestic peaks, are all breathtaking panoramas with Mont-Blanc. in background.
3. Discover the terroir and its good products
Beaufort, Grataron, local meat, local products, there is no shortage of them!
- Beaufort: The history of Arêches-Beaufort is intimately linked to the eponymous cheese that made it famous: Beaufort. Nicknamed the "prince of Gruyères", it is one of the favorite cheeses of the French.
- The Grataron: Grataron du Beaufortain, also called Grataron d'Arêches, is one of the rare cheeses made from raw, whole goat's milk, with a lightly pressed uncooked paste and a washed rind, born in Beaufortain.
- Beaufortain meat: 35 breeders and 4 restaurateurs have come together to offer a quality meat industry in the heart of Beaufortain. This meat comes mainly from 2 local breeds, the Tarine and the Abondance.
And many more… Discover our other products: https://www.areches-beaufort.com/decouvrir/nos-bons-produits-locaux/nos-autres-bons-produits/
4. Connect to nature, to yourself
Take care of yourself by recharging your batteries for 6 days in the heart of nature. A real source of vitality! Being in contact with nature has many advantages: reduced stress, stimulation of immunity, creativity, increased productivity...
5. Spend quality time with family or friends
Take advantage of a 6-day trek to spend time with family or friends, in a bivouac or in a refuge for more conviviality.
So, any of you motivated?
More information : https://www.areches-beaufort.com/equipement/tour-du-beaufortain/