Published May 18 2022 Reading time: 2 min
If you too with the arrival of fine weather you only want to go out, then this article is for you 😉. We have concocted a selection of 6 activities for you to do in Arêches-Beaufort. 🤌
1. Climbing the Col du Pré by bike
Located at an altitude of 1700m, the Col du Pré is an open window on Mont-Blanc. It is an interesting starting point for hikes, a difficult goal for cyclists, a magnificent view of Mont Blanc or the Arêches valley.
2. Go play in the trees at the Tyrol Aventures tree climbing
Come and climb in the natural setting of the Marcôt multi-activity base, through the forest, on 70 workshops, and a zip line 230 m above the body of water. Jump in Quick Jump of 12 m. top and orientation course.
3. Stroll around the lake of St Guérin
The pedestrian route, accessible to all (accompanied people with reduced mobility) runs along the lake, right bank to a Himalayan footbridge of 83m span, and more than 20m high allowing to cross the Poncellamont Gorge.
4. Take a trip to the Beaufort market
Stock up on good local products that make Beaufortain famous. More than 20 producers are present every Wednesday morning. A detour via the cooperative is also essential.
5. Farm visit: Mountains of flavors
You will discover the breeding of goats, accompanied by other animals such as llamas, donkeys, pigs, barnyard, rabbits. After the visit, you can access the small sales chalet where you will find cheeses and yogurts processed on the farm as well as Savoyard products.
Information and reservations: http://www.montagne-saveurs.com/
6. Fishing at Marcôt or in the river
The Beaufortain offers a preserved setting conducive to beautiful fishing trips. The 1st category area offers a wide variety of sites: from large reservoirs like Roselend to small natural mountain lakes, from small streams to large torrential rivers. Please note that you must have a fishing license available at the tourist office.
And since we are full of ideas here are some BONUS:
- Historical visit of the village of Beaufort, "Beaufort over time" itinerary to be picked up at the tourist office
- Go relax at the spa: https://www.areches-beaufort.com/equipement/cristal-des-alpes/
- Take a yoga class with Maud, a teacher in Arêches: https://www.maud-yoga.fr/
- Make a life-size escape game with Mountain game: https://www.areches-beaufort.com/equipement/le-piege-du-trappeur/